Serving Laurens, Fountain Inn and Greenville
When Death Occurs
- Make an appointment with Beasley Funeral Home by calling,one of our three locations:
Laurens (864) 984-4505, Fountain Inn (864) 862-2362, or Greenville (864) 520-2997.
A member of our staff will assist you and your family in arranging services to meet your needs. The necessary information need will include:
- Birth Date
- Father's Name
- Mother's Name
- Social Security Number
- Veteran's DD214
- Marital Status
- Notify insurance companies.
- The funeral home will assist you in determining the number of death certificates you need.
- Make a list of immediate family, close friends and employer or business colleagues.
- Decide on appropriate memorial to which gifts may be made (church, hospice, library, charity or school).
- Gather obituary information, including age, place of birth,occupation, level or education, memberships held, military service, outstanding work, list of survivors in immediate family, give time and place of services. The funeral home will normally write article and submit to newspapers (newspaper will accept picture and they will be returned intact).
- Arrange for members of family or close friends to take turns answering door,or phone, keeping careful record of calls.
- If Social Security checks are automatic deposit, notify the bank of the death.
- Coordinate the supplying of food for the next several days.
- Consider special need of the household, such as cleaning, etc., which might be done by friends.
- Arrange for child care, if necessary.
- Arrange hospitality for visiting relatives and friends.
- Select pallbearers and notify the funeral home. (Avoid anyone with heart or back difficulties, or make them honorary pallbearers).
- Plan for disposition of flowers after funeral (church, hospital or rest home) 15.Prepare list of distant persons to be notified by letter and/or printed notice,and decide which to send to each.
- Prepare list of persons to receive acknowledgments of flowers, calls, etc.
- Send appropriate acknowledgments (can be written note, printed acknowledgments, or some of each). Include "thank you to those who have given their time as well.
- Locate the will and notify lawyer and executor.
- Check promptly on all debts and installment payments, including credit cards. Some may carry insurance clauses that will cancel them. If there is to be a delay in meeting payments, consult with creditors and ask for more time before the payments are due.
- If deceased was living alone, notify utilities and landlord and tell post office where to send mail.
Back to top of page